KTM 200 DUKE REVIEW
- The existing 200 Duke that has been updated for the 2017 model year was the new entry-level model of KTM 200 DUKE bike.
- The bike going on with the current design but gets new graphic design and paintwork.
- Instead of the side mounted unit seen on the bigger association, It also keeps a basement exhaust.
- It is spotted testing in the country earlier.
As the 2017 RC200, the 200 cc single-cylinder engine bike like that is now compliant with BS IV without any change in power output or mechanical device. KTM 200 Duke is one of the most affordable bikes in its segment, the sports bike has updates features of with the latest dose of updates.
On the feature front, the sports bike improved. Mechanically, KTM Duke 200 remains unchanged with the same 199.5cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine that produces 25bhp of maximum power. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox that helps in change gear smoothly and KTM is claiming a top speed of 138km/h. Introduce of a slipper clutch and a new exhaust compliant with Euro IV emission at rear ups the performance significantly above the previous model. Additional features available on KTM 200 Duke include an automatic headlamp, new MRF tyres, enhanced radiator fans, modified alloy wheels, new pillion seat etc.s
KTM 200 DUKE DESIGN AND STYLE
- The KTM 200 Duke bike is a 200cc naked motorcycle that has transformed India’s performance of the motorcycle.
- The overall design of the motorcycle with an exposed trellis frame is aggressive and raw sharp.
- Smooth headlamp and chunky front forks are on the front end.
With the LED tail lamp and fender, the tail section is smooth. The rear monoshock is exposed and the trellis frame gives the sharp look to the motorcycle. The Duke 200 has total length is short which resulting in superior handling capacity. In addition, the wide single piece handlebar further adds to the motorcycle look.
KTM 200 DUKE ENGINE AND PERFORMANCE
- The KTM 200 Duke is managed a 199.5cc liquid-cooled, fuel injected, single-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 25bhp at 10,000rpm and a peak torque output 19.20Nm at 8,000rpm powered by Duke 200 bike.
- The engine is coupled to a gearbox of 6-speed.
The engine of 200cc delivers the power in speed. The free-revving engine coupled with short gear makes the acceleration brisk and you will enjoy those short burst of a rush of pressor. The throttle response is crumbly and the full power meat comes at 10,000rpm higher. The 200 Duke can sprint in just 4 seconds from 0-60km/h before finishing at 135km/h on top. The trellis frame and lightweight swingarm lead to impressive handling.
KTM 200 DUKE FUEL EFFICIENCY
The KTM 200 Duke is about authentic performance, but the fuel injection system still provides decent fuel efficiency. The motorcycle returns a 35kpl of total mileage.
KTM 200 DUKE IMPORTANT FEATURES
The KTM 200 Duke is equipped with a host of features and premium cycle parts. The motorcycle gets a digital instrument cluster with loads of information like an indicator of gear position, engine temperature, overall fuel efficiency and much more. The exhaust underbelly is compact and leads to mass centralization.
- The 200 Duke features upside down WP forks up front and rear suspension WP monoshock.
- A 300mm disc with a four-piston radially fixed caliper at the front and 230mm disc at the rear handles the braking duties.
- The motorcycle has a fuel tank of a 10.2-liter and the kerb weight is 148kg.
KTM 200 DUKE VERDICT
- The KTM 200 Duke is naked with best-in-class street fighter.
- The motorcycle receives premium racing parts that result in delivery of explosive power.
- The engine’s only downside is the excessive vibrations that through higher rpm and the absence of ABS.
- Overall, the KTM 200 Duke is an ideal daily commuting pocket rocket machine.
KTM 200 DUKE MODELS
KTM 200 DUKE COMPETITORS
Bajaj Pulsar 220F
Bajaj Pulsar NS200
TVS Apache RTR 200 4V
KTM 200 Duke Specifications
|Displacement||199.5 cc||No Of Cylinder||1|
|Max Power||25 bhp @ 10000 rpm||Max Torque||19.2 Nm @ 8000 rpm|
|Valves Per Cylinder||4||Cooling System||Liquid Cooled|
|Starting Mechanism||Self Start||Bore||72mm|
|Clutch||Clutch in oil bath / mechanically operated,||Fuel Delivery System||Fuel injection system|
|Fuel Type||Petrol||Gearbox Type||Manual|
|No. of Gears||6||Ignition||Digital Ignition|
|Spark Plugs||1 Per Cylinder||Stroke||49mm|
Fuel Consumption and Performance
|Fuel Tank Capacity||10.2 L||Reserve Fuel Capacity||2.5 L|
|Mileage||35 Kmpl||Overall Riding Range||360 km|
|0 to 60 kmph||4 seconds.||60 to 0 kmp||NA|
|Top Speed||135 Kmp|
DIMENSIONS & CHASSIS
|Chassis Type||Trellis Frame, Powder Coated,||Ground Clearance||175 mm|
|Kerb Weight||148 kg||Overall Height||810 mm|
|Overall Length||2,050 mm||Overall Width||730 mm|
|Seat Height||810 mm||Wheelbase||1,366 mm|
|No. Of Gears||6||Clutch||Wet Multi-Disc Clutch, Mechanically Actuated|
|Transmission Type||Chain Drive|
|Front Suspensio||WP Upside Down||Calliper Type||Front-4-Piston , Rear-Single Piston Calliper|
|Front Brake Type||Disc||Front Disc/Drum Size||300 mm|
|Rear Brake Type||Disc||Rear Disc/Drum Size||230 mm|
|Rear Suspension||WP Monoshock |
|Battery||12V||Headlight||12V 60/55W H4, Multi-Reflector Type|
|Tail Light||LED Tail Lamp|
Wheel and Tyres
|Wheel Type||Alloy Wheels||Tyre Type||Tubeless|
|Front Tyre Size||110/70 x 17||Font Wheel Size||17 inches|
|Rear Tyre||150/60 X 17||Rear Wheel Size||17 inch|
KTM 200 Duke Features
|11-Litre Fuel Tank-||Y||Silencer Is Positioned Close To The Machine'S Overall Centre Of Gravity||Y|
|Telescopic Fork The 200 Duke'S High-Quality Upside-Down Suspension||Y||280 mm Diameter Front Disc Brakes||Y|
|Fuel Warning Indicator||Yes||Fuel Gauge||yes|
|Low Oil Indicator||Yes||Low Battery Indicator||Yes|
|Low Fuel Indicator||yes||Pillion Seat||Yes|
|Tripmeter Type||Digital||Tripmeter Count||Yes|
|Pass Light||Yes||Antilock Braking System||No|
|Battery||12V||Electric System||12V DC|
|Brake/Tail Light||LED tail lamp||Digital Fuel Guage||Yes|
|Headlight Bulb Type||12V 60/55W H4||Headlight Type||Multi-Reflector Type|
|Killswitch||Yes||No. of Tripmeters||2|
|Pillion Footrest||Yes||Shift Light||Yes|
|Stand Alarm||Yes||Start Type||Electric Start|
|Stepped Seat||Yes||Turn Signal||Yes|